First, the character creation screen is a double-edged sword. It's awesome that you have so many options, but there are SO many of them that it's downright confusing. I think the UI for the character creation could have used a little more organization. First time MMO players might have a bit of a learning curve right off the bat.
After about 30 minutes of messing around, I created my orange and black Demonic-Skeleton-Ninja.. It came out pretty well. The first thing I noticed was the initial insane lag. This was due to the 16xAA and shadows being set to "High". I personally despise shadows, and well with all the people running around, 16xAA just screwed the pooch. Once they were disabled, the game performed admirably.
The initial quests were easy, straight forward quest logic. Go here, do this, go there kill 10 rats.. er pod thingies.. One thing that did confuse me is that I didn't immediately recognize the difference between quest givers and people who just had information to give you.
The voice over work was good, and the music really made it feel like you were a superhero. I loved the cell shading. It added to the comic book feel of the game, along with the chat bubbles. I think people who liked City of Heros, will love this game. I, however didn't enjoy it very much. To be honest, I'll probably uninstall it. It's just not my cup of tea.
I reached level 5 before I called it quits.. Daekron the demonic-skeleton-ninja is no more.
-Tharkis
0 comments:
Post a Comment